All students grades 4 and above will use a full sized, full-grain genuine leather journal included with their HCA enrollment.
Students will choose the color of leather as well as the elastic color.
The journals will come pre-filled with THREE notebooks that have already been selected by the school. These will auto-populate with your Grade selection. However, you can purchase additional notebooks for your child, as the journal will hold up to 7 of our notebooks. We offer LOTS of options and layouts.
You may purchase additional items at your own expense:
- Additional journals for parents or students in grades 3 or below,
- Matching mini pocket-size journals,
- Accessories bundle that includes a zipper pouch for pens and pencils, tabs for making notebooks easier to find, page markers, and extra elastics for adding additional notebooks.
Here is the order process:
1) Choose leather color
2) Choose elastic color
3) Type the Students name
4) Select your student's form entering Fall 2022
5) Select additional items to purchase
6) IMPORTANT: Enter Code: "HCAStudent" in the coupon code box to receive the HCA discount. Please only use this code one time per eligible student (Grades 4 and higher)
All items will be delivered before the open house for your class and will be passed out at that time.
Kelsi has samples of each of the leather stain options as well as leather scraps with elastic color options if you would like to see them firsthand.
Below is a description or synonyms of each leather color:
"Black" = Black
"Espresso" = very dark brown with grey undertones
"Mahogany" = Red brown
"Cognac" = Rich, golden brown, chestnut
"Camel" = Buckskin, gold or fawn
A note about our leather:
Our leather journals are made from 100% highest quality vegetable tanned leather that is hand dyed and manually finished by our family. Each piece of leather is unique, with inherent qualities that absorb dyes differently. This means each journal will have its own unique personality, and will have beautiful variation. Some are slightly darker, some lighter, some have marbled patches, some have light stripes, and some are completely uniform, all due to the material.
Veg tanned leather is made from all-natural products and is environmentally responsible and because of the patina that will develop over time. As with any artisan product, it will get better with age. You need only rub some leather wax or leather conditioner on it once every year or so.
** journal capacity is 7 notebooks with a zipper pouch**
**any zipper pouches shown are sold separately**